week 36.4-37.4  

Posted by: Shell V-Power

So this past week I've had tons of contractions. Mostly at night but never regular. Each time I think "this is it!" But here I am still prego haha. They usually go away while I sleep, so I know if I can't sleep I'm ready.
Anyways, with each passing day I was getting frustrated. It was compounded with the feeling of helplessness at not being freely able to walk around my own home without pain! So I sit and watch all the baby tv shows and trauma shows till its time to go to bed. I still have major pain sleeping and esp getting out if bed to use the restroom in the middle of the night.
On Thu my mom took the girls for 2 days to the SD Fair and beach and came home day of 4th of July. On Fri I got some alone time with AV, went to Ihop which was a welcomed yet painful outing. Then decided to walk around Walmart in hopes of starting labor. But nothing except exhausted feet! So the plan was to go to the park to watch fireworks. Up till we left I really didn't want to go. But about an hour before showtime we went. Thank God for parking! He is looking out for me! But that walk to where everyone was made me cry once I got there! So I sat in my captains chair. With my pillow and was there till we left at 1030. I was glad I went cuz I missed everyone and adult interaction.
So today was my dr appt. I woke up with major leg pain. First thing I did was took Tylenol and then went downstairs. I was at my wits end feeling depressed about my whole imobility situation. Wanting to do chores instead of sit. But then after a few hrs and a few prayers my day turned around! My leg pain was barely there, just uncomfortable from baby weight. So I was able to clean the kitchen. Haha and that really made me happy! I felt a renewed spirit and outlook. And I have to credit God for that! Always looking out for me and giving me hope! So I went to my weekly dr appt in a cheerful mood. Walking ok. Hoping I dilated but dr said still at 1cm and baby still high up. But it didn't make me feel bad. I am on such a positive high its great! I am able to get around more but I know when to rest. Plus watching Trauma in ER makes me thankful for my situation. God won't give me more than I can handle! I am going to take it day by day and enjoy it and stop trying to rush which is what's making me anxious.
Oh, quick note...Andrew has shingles! yay for me! Now I have to worry about chickenpox and my and the baby's health. I need to call the dr tomorrow...will keep posting! Until next time...

This entry was posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment